Privacy settings

We use a number of cookies on our website. Some are essential, while others help us improve our portal for you.

Privacy settings

Here is an overview of all the cookies we use. You can choose to accept whole categories or view more information and select only certain cookies.

Essential (6)

Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the website to function properly.

Statistics (3)

Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us to understand how our visitors use our website.
If the statistics cookies are subsequently deselected, they will remain on the computer until the expiry date. However, they are neither updated nor evaluated.

Community surveys: What do you think about the legalization of cannabis on April 1st? (Page 3)

Topic created on 21st Feb. 2024 | Page: 3 of 5 | Answers: 66 | Views: 2,205
Blubbo33
Elite

Falke wrote on February 22nd, 2024 at 10:16 pm:

That's nonsense. This is not about what you explain to your own children. Gambling, alcohol and nicotine are also legal and yet no normal parent says to their children that it is therefore completely okay, on the contrary.

So your argument doesn't work at all and is completely out of thin air.

But the law suggests that smoking weed is not bad.

At the moment there is still an inhibition threshold because it is forbidden.
Why are you in favour of legalization and how do you think kids of a young age will take it?

This post has been translated automatically

Blubbo33
Elite

Donnie wrote on 22.02.2024 at 22:19: Maybe you have to look at it this way. Legalize a relatively harmless drug like cannabis and step up the fight against hard/worse drugs

Relatively harmless is not harmless!

I can take up the fight even without legalization!

Donnie
Expert

Blubbo33 wrote on February 22nd, 2024 at 10:24 pm:

Relatively harmless is not harmless!

I can take up the fight even without legalization!

But there are also fixed resources that cops and authorities can use. Then less time could be wasted on highly dangerous weed smugglers and time could be better spent on dealers or smugglers of harder drugs. But it's not really wanted in this world anyway for drugs to disappear. Are you telling me that smoking a bit of weed is as bad as crystal meth, etc.? If you assume that a drug is harmless, alcohol should be illegal, I think that's much worse than weed

Falke
Expert
Blubbo33 wrote on February 22nd, 2024 at 10:22 pm:

But the law suggests that smoking weed is not bad.

At the moment there is still an inhibition threshold because it is forbidden.
Why are you for legalization and how do you think the kids of teenage age will take it?

It's no worse than alcohol or nicotine, weed is even more harmless.

And besides, it's already more or less not punishable. If you're only caught with personal use, then de facto nothing happens to you. But now you still have to buy it from your trusted Dealer, which means that the weed is sometimes mixed with real dirt.

Young people will try it anyway and can get weed at any time and on almost every corner. That is simply the reality. The fact that children stay away from drugs of any kind is often the result of a good upbringing, but not always. The more forbidden, the more interesting.

I don't smoke weed myself, but I can't see any advantage in criminalizing it. If you want to smoke weed, you should smoke weed legally. Who am I to want to forbid something to someone else as long as it doesn't harm me and I have the freedom to decide against it?

Blubbo33
Elite

Donnie wrote on February 22nd, 2024 at 10:31 pm:

But there are also designated resources that cops and authorities are allowed to use. Then less time could be wasted with highly dangerous weed smugglers and time could be better spent on dealers or smugglers of harder drugs. But it's not really wanted in this world anyway for drugs to disappear. Are you telling me that smoking a bit of weed is as bad as crystal meth, etc.? If you assume that a drug is harmless, alcohol should be illegal, I think that's much worse than weed

Whether the resources that have been freed up are then used for this is open to discussion! Just like you .

I can't seriously always use alcohol as a counter-argument ? Because this is allowed, the other must also be allowed!

Where does what begin and where does it end?
There are enough studies that show that smoking Pot is dangerous, why should I ignore that?

What are the advantages of smoking weed?

It's a drug no more no less in my eyes!

Dutch78
Top Member
Blubbo33 wrote on 22.02.2024 at 22:12: Let's see how many more traffic accidents there are or accidents at work!

You mean in addition to all the accidents caused by alcohol?

Can understand your fears, don't think you drink alcohol either.

If you do drink alcohol, shouldn't the first step be to ban it in general?

In that case, I would support a ban on weed, because if that's the case, then the same rights should apply to everyone, right?

Personally, I don't care whether someone drinks alcohol or smokes weed as long as they do it responsibly, and by responsibly I don't mean that it can only be one beer, no, you can have too much as long as you don't do anything that could harm others.

Let me give you an example of how high the actual probability of a traffic accident increases in connection with alcohol/grass.

With cannabis, the Risk of a fatal traffic accident increases by approx. 75%, with alcohol it is 750%.

And we both certainly agree that both figures are frightening and could only be prevented if people acted responsibly and on their own responsibility, regardless of whether they had consumed alcohol or weed, but unfortunately this remains wishful thinking.

It remains to be seen how much the numbers will go up afterwards, but you should bear in mind that even now many people who deal with and consume cannabis are already appearing in the statistics, I don't think that the numbers will go up significantly after legalization, because not everyone will smoke weed now just because it is legal.

There were already easy ways to get weed before, if you wanted to try it, especially for young people.

I hope that we can at least agree that harmful, long-term consumption of alcohol has or can have far worse consequences than weed ever could.

I can think of many positive properties associated with cannabis that have a physical and health effect, and there are numerous studies on this.

If people can alleviate symptoms and pain with cannabis just as well as they can with sometimes heavy and very heavy medication, then it should always be an alternative.

In modern medicine, alcohol is only used as a disinfectant; for good reason, it is not available on prescription for physical ailments, as it does not help at all - quite the opposite.

If you want to see benefits in alcohol, then it is certainly undisputed that it can have a relaxing effect when consumed in moderation, but only in the interpersonal sphere.

Of course, it also makes you more relaxed and encourages conversations and contacts that might not have been possible if you were sober.

Of course, it is also completely socially acceptable and accepted in all social classes and for every occasion.

Sometimes you are also a particularly great woman or a particularly great man because you can drink a lot, that alone shows acceptance and is often seen as positive.

However, if you are one of the approximately 2 million women and men in Germany who are addicted to alcohol, this acceptance quickly disappears, as do many "friends" who previously admired you.

No, I can't think of any other positive health or physical aspects of alcohol.

Ultimately, everyone should be able and allowed to decide for themselves what they want to consume, if it is legal, but they must also be prepared to accept the consequences that consumption can bring.

If you should ever be in Holland in the summer, we can discuss this further in the garden, over an alcoholic drink or something from the home-grown stock reserved for dear guests, by which I of course mean a cucumber salad

Blubbo33
Elite

Dutch78 wrote on 02/23/2024 00:06:
You mean in addition to all the accidents caused by alcohol?

I can understand your fears, I don't think you drink alcohol either.

If you do drink alcohol, shouldn't we start by banning it in general?

In that case, I would support a ban on weed, because if that's the case, then the same rights should apply to everyone, right?

Personally, I don't care whether someone drinks alcohol or smokes weed as long as they do it responsibly, and by responsibly I don't mean that it can only be one beer, no, you can have too much as long as you don't do anything that could harm others.

Let me give you an example of how high the actual probability of a traffic accident increases in connection with alcohol/grass.

With cannabis, the Risk of a fatal traffic accident increases by approx. 75%, with alcohol it is 750%.

And we both certainly agree that both figures are frightening and could only be prevented if people acted responsibly and on their own responsibility, regardless of whether they had consumed alcohol or weed, but unfortunately this remains wishful thinking.

It remains to be seen how much the numbers will go up afterwards, but you should bear in mind that even now many people who deal with and consume cannabis are already appearing in the statistics, I don't think that the numbers will go up significantly after legalization, because not everyone will smoke weed now just because it is legal.

There were already easy ways to get weed before, if you wanted to try it, especially for young people.

I hope that we can at least agree that harmful, long-term consumption of alcohol has or can have far worse consequences than weed ever could.

I can think of many positive properties associated with cannabis that have a physical and health effect, and there are numerous studies on this.

If people can alleviate symptoms and pain with cannabis just as well as they can with sometimes heavy and very heavy medication, then it should always be an alternative.

In modern medicine, alcohol is only used as a disinfectant; for good reason, it is not available on prescription for physical ailments, as it does not help at all - quite the opposite.

If you want to see benefits in alcohol, then it is certainly undisputed that it can have a relaxing effect when consumed in moderation, but only in the interpersonal sphere.

Of course, it also makes you more relaxed and encourages conversations and contacts that might not have been possible if you were sober.

Of course, it is also completely socially acceptable in all social classes and for every occasion.

Sometimes you are also a particularly great woman or a particularly great man because you can drink a lot, that alone shows acceptance and is often seen as positive.

However, if you are one of the approximately 2 million women and men in Germany who are addicted to alcohol, this acceptance quickly disappears, as do many "friends" who previously admired you.

No, I can't think of any other positive health or physical aspects of alcohol.

Ultimately, everyone should be able and allowed to decide for themselves what they want to consume, if it is legal, but they must also be prepared to accept the consequences that consumption can bring.

If you should ever be in Holland in the summer, we can discuss this further in the garden, with an alcoholic drink or something from the home-grown stock reserved for dear guests, by which I of course mean a cucumber salad

Thank you for your text, but I only see comparisons with alcohol!

I am not interested in the fact that alcohol is not or will not be banned. Of course I know about the effects of alcohol, but again, just because alcohol is allowed does cannabis also have to be allowed?

Where is the logic in that?
Furthermore, one could argue that the next drug will be legalized, but I have no idea what the next step would be!

When is it justified and when is it not?
Germany lived quite well with the ban, why soften it? It's a fairy tale that the black market will dry up!
What will happen is that dealers will offer worse because the kick for more is there, that will be the consequence!

But that's not how reality works, that everyone shows consideration for others when they smoke weed, I see it every day in my small town how people smoke weed in public and 99% of the time there's a can of beer next to it!

And a lot of young people walk past it!

If I'm correctly informed, the Dutch are also getting too much with weed and are regulating it! At least that's what I saw once!

As I neither smoke weed nor drink alcohol, I will have to decline your offer, but if you want to send me tulips from Amsterdam, which I am sure you grow in your garden, you are welcome to send them to me!

Falke
Expert

Blubbo33 wrote on 23.02.2024 00:38:

Thanks for your text, however I only see comparisons with alcohol!

I am not interested in the fact that alcohol is not or will not be banned. Of course I know about the effects of alcohol, but again, just because alcohol is allowed does cannabis also have to be allowed?

Furthermore, one could argue that the next drug will be legalized, but I have no idea what the next step would be!

Germany lived quite well with the ban, why soften it? It's a fairy tale that the black market will dry up!
What will happen is that dealers will offer worse because the kick for more is there, that will be the consequence!

But that's not how reality works, that everyone shows consideration for others when they smoke weed, I see it every day in my small town how people smoke weed in public and 99% of the time there's a can of beer next to it!

If I'm correctly informed, the Dutch are also getting too much with weed and are regulating it! At least that's what I saw once!

As I neither smoke weed nor drink alcohol, I will have to decline your offer, but if you want to send me tulips from Amsterdam, which I am sure you grow in your garden, you are welcome to send them to me!

In Portugal, more or less all drugs are allowed, at least it is a misdemeanor and not a criminal offense (possession of small amounts). And what happened because of that? Is that why more people die from drugs than in other countries? No!

And that's exactly what you don't want to understand. If you want to get high, you'll do it anyway. Just like we won't be stopped from gambling, no matter what the state decides.

In fact, we only have the "drug problem" because it's illegal. Just look at the rat's tail that's attached to it. From drug cartels to contaminated stuff that kills people. If the state would simply hand out the drugs after a medical examination and after a comprehensive investigation, then drugs would be much safer and all the criminality behind them would disappear.

The fact is that people have always had and still have the need to get high. You will never get rid of drugs, prostitution and gambling. So there are only two options: Either you leave it in the hands of criminal gangs, which generally makes it less safe, or you put it in the hands of the state/doctors and dry up the black market and make drugs much safer.

You simply don't achieve anything with bans, apart from a lot of negative side effects. Even in countries where drug use and sale is punishable by death, drugs are consumed en masse. That should be enough food for thought for you.

And Holland is simply fed up with all the drug tourists, which is the only reason they want to curb it. And why do so many come to Holland? Because in most other countries, drug use is considered a crime.

Stromberg
Legend

Blubbo33 wrote on 22.02.2024 at 22:12: Those who are in favor, do you actually have children ?
Would you seriously explain exactly the same thing to your children?

Don't use cigarettes but if you want to smoke weed you can help yourself in the closet!

I am amazed at so much joy about smoking weed!
Let's see how many more traffic accidents or accidents at work there are!

I accept your opinion but I can't understand it!

Since an increase in consumption through legalization is not automatic, or is not proven in many areas, there is no reason to assume that there will be more traffic accidents or accidents at work.

On the contrary, testing for cannabis during traffic checks may become more regular, just like blowing (but that's just a guess).

https://www.br.de/nachrichten/deutschland-welt/nimmt-cannabis-konsum-nach-einer-legalisierung-zu-ein-faktenfuchs,SmwP5hJ

I don't have any children yet, but the example is stupid. You don't say don't smoke cigarettes but you can puff away on booze.
Regardless of whether it's legal or not, I think you'll want to educate your children to use addictive substances of all kinds sensibly.

What do you think about the legalization of gambling? (leaving aside the weak implementation of regulation)
Would you rather continue to gamble/bet illegally as a tax official because gambling is addictive for many people?

There is no question that there are also arguments against legalization; some people may perceive cannabis as more harmless than it is.
But perhaps the appeal of the forbidden will also disappear and the kids don't want to be like the mid-50s hippies😂
So after weighing up all the arguments, I'm clearly in favor.

Stromberg
Legend

Blubbo33 wrote on 23.02.2024 00:38:

Thanks for your text, however I only see comparisons with alcohol!

Of course, one doesn't have to be legalized because the other is legal.

But do you really not understand that someone who would rather smoke a joint in the evening than drink a glass of wine doesn't want to be criminalized for it?
And perhaps doesn't always want to run to the Dealer?

There will also be a reason why the legalization of cannabis is playing a role in more and more countries and that of other drugs is not. Because it is simply much less dangerous than most other, often chemical, drugs. So you can draw a line as to what makes sense to legalize and what does not.

Blubbo33
Elite
We just have different opinions!

I am bothered by it and I don't like it!

I don't begrudge you your fun, but I still think it's a gateway drug, we'll see in a few years whether it has done Germany any good or not!

I'm very skeptical, and just because I think it's dangerous, just like alcohol and gambling, doesn't make me humorless.

It's just a fine line that our government is walking!

Donnie
Expert

Blubbo33 wrote on 23.02.2024 at 10:10: We just have different opinions!

I'm bothered by it and I don't like it!

I don't begrudge you your fun, I still think it's a gateway drug, we'll see in a few years if it did Germany any good or not !

I'm very skeptical, and just because I think it's dangerous, just like alcohol and gambling, doesn't make me humorless.

It's just a fine line that our government is walking!

Germany is a country where people prefer to consume alcohol anyway, they won't suddenly start smoking weed if they haven't done it before

genrix
Top Member
In my opinion, anyone who is "absolutely against" has not dealt with the issue. There are no logically comprehensible arguments for a ban.

genrix
Top Member

Blubbo33 wrote on 22.02.2024 at 22:12: Those who are in favor, do you actually have children ?
Would you seriously explain exactly the same thing to your children?

Don't use cigarettes but if you want to smoke weed you can help yourself in the closet!

I am amazed at so much joy about smoking weed!
Let's see how many more traffic accidents or accidents at work there are!

I accept your opinion but I can't understand it!

My condolences for this way of thinking. I'd rather my children smoke a joint than drink vodka

Blubbo33
Elite

genrix wrote on February 23rd, 2024 at 11:18 am:

My condolences for this mindset. I'd rather my kids smoke a joint than drink vodka

See, that's the difference between us, my kids should do neither!

They'll decide for themselves later, my upbringing is all about prevention and a clear presentation of the dangers.
You can live very well without these things.

And a statement who is against it has not dealt with it is pointless, there are enough studies, cross-references and doctors' opinions as to why it should remain prohibited!

I'm sorry to see your child being treated for psychosis!
That alone shows you how stupid your statement was, in none of my posts do I gloss over alcohol!

Hot Topics7th May. 2024 at 09:27 am CEST

GambleJoe is aimed exclusively at user whose allowed to play legally with his current location in online casinos and does not violate the current law.
It is the responsibility of the user to inform himself about the current legal situation. Gambling is prohibited for children and adolescents under the age of 18.
GambleJoe is a registered trademark with the EUIPO of GJ International Ltd.

© 2012-2024 GambleJoe.com

Forgotten your password?

Create a new password here

• 1. Fill in the 3 fields carefully and click on the green button
  • 2. Check your email inbox for a message from GambleJoe
  • 3. Click on the confirmation link in the email and your new password will be active immediately