Privacy settings

We use a number of cookies on our website. Some are essential, while others help us improve our portal for you.

Privacy settings

Here is an overview of all the cookies we use. You can choose to accept whole categories or view more information and select only certain cookies.

Essential (6)

Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the website to function properly.

Statistics (3)

Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us to understand how our visitors use our website.
If the statistics cookies are subsequently deselected, they will remain on the computer until the expiry date. However, they are neither updated nor evaluated.

Sport betting tips: Community betting tips (Page 13)

Topic created on 22nd Feb. 2024 | Page: 13 of 17 | Answers: 248 | Views: 8,959
frapi07
Expert
Rainmann wrote on 06.05.2024 at 17:01:
Yes, then start knocking out the high quotas. None of you do either. Highest odds I've seen was a 2.5 from Stromberg and that was a miss. Your 2.1 from Juve yesterday was good, but I think you only posted it because patizi triggered you to do so or whatever it's called 😂 Furthermore, what are high odds? A 2.5, a 3.5 or a 6 upwards? I was "proud" of my 6 series and thought I'd try a different variant with "both score and under goals". Of course it went wrong. Series broken. If I had taken the normal variant of under 3.5 goals at odds of 1.6, I would have had a 7-goal series. Cobbler stick to your last is the best way to put it. The German market no longer offers the variants with corners or cards, for example. You could have gotten something out of it. Well, I'll try to give good, decent tips and will continue to stick to team goals, both goals or over under goals. 🤙🤙

Why should I bet high odds if it's not worth it? I don't see any reason at the moment.

Right, the highest odds were 2.5... that says something.

No, I didn't post them because Patizi triggered me. I just wanted to bet under 2.5, but I couldn't because the minimum odds are 1.6 and I had found a maximum of 1.56. So I had to add something. So I had to add something and Patizi was kind enough to put me on the right track (thanks again for that). It's still not what I actually wanted to type. I only wanted to bet under 2.5 and - in order to meet the minimum odds - would have had no problem combining another bet as a 2-way combination. So I had to add the 3-way bets (X2) which meant more Risk (which I didn't really want). Mainly because I don't currently trust Juve to win, but I do trust them to win by less than 2.5. I didn't want to bet on a winner - I wanted to bet on goals.

"High odds" is subjective. For some it's odds of 3, some would consider odds of 5 or up as high.

I also noticed that the minimum odds of 1.6 for NBA is a bit unfavorable. Winning bets in the NBA sometimes have low odds (possibly because it's the play-offs). Currently I only see 1 game out of 4 where both winner bets fulfill the minimum odds.

Example:

Dev. Nuggets (1.40Q) - Min. Timber (2.9Q)

You sticking with your goal bets is fine. I don't mind and I'm not one to tell anyone what odds to take.

I honestly don't know why some feel attacked just because you write your feedback.

This post has been translated automatically

Rainmann
Expert

frapi07 wrote on 06.05.2024 at 17:18:
Why should I bet high odds if it's not worth it? I don't see any reason at the moment.

Right, the highest odds were 2.5... says something.

No, I didn't post them because Patizi triggered me. I just wanted to bet under 2.5, but I couldn't because the minimum odds are 1.6 and I had found a maximum of 1.56. So I had to add something. So I had to add something and Patizi was kind enough to put me on the right track (thanks again for that). It's still not what I actually wanted to type. I only wanted to bet under 2.5 and - in order to meet the minimum odds - would have had no problem combining another bet as a 2-way combination. So I had to add the 3-way bets (X2) which meant more Risk (which I didn't really want). Mainly because I don't currently trust Juve to win, but I do trust them to win by less than 2.5. I didn't want to bet on a winner - I wanted to bet on goals.

"High odds" is subjective. For some it's odds of 3, some would consider odds of 5 or up as high.

I also noticed that the minimum odds of 1.6 for NBA is a bit unfavorable. Winning bets in the NBA sometimes have low odds (possibly because it's the play-offs). Currently I only see 1 game out of 4 where both winner bets fulfill the minimum odds.

Example:

Dev. Nuggets (1.40Q) - Min. Timber (2.9Q)

You sticking with your goal bets is fine. I don't mind and I'm not one to tell anyone what odds to take.

I honestly don't know why some feel attacked just because you write your feedback.

I don't feel offended, I just wanted to write something about it because I'm also active here. NBA is Moneyline. If you now take the 1x2 variant, the odds will also be different. NBA I will go to player points soon. I'll deal with it tonight at work 😉

frapi07
Expert
Rainmann wrote on 06.05.2024 at 17:32:

I don't feel offended, I just wanted to write something about it because I'm also active here. NBA is Moneyline. If you now take 1x2 variant, the odds will also be different. NBA I will go to player points soon. I'll deal with it tonight at work 😉

Where have you been actively targeted here? Did I mention any names? Did I write that I don't approve of such bets?

I myself am currently only betting on goals. Yesterday's bet with 2.1 odds wasn't the first, by the way. I had already hit 2.25 odds last week (over 3.5 goals Totten-Arsenal).

The fact is that there is hardly any variety. My feedback was purely objective. The circumstances are nobody's fault. It's the current rules that I mentioned as a weak point, not specific users.

Rainmann
Expert

frapi07 wrote on 06.05.2024 at 17:44:
Where have you been actively approached here? Did I mention any names? Did I write that I don't approve of such bets?

I did not write that I have been approached. You must have read it wrong

frapi07
Expert

Rainmann wrote on 06.05.2024 at 17:48:

I did not write that I was approached. You must have read it wrong

Right, sorry My mistake ^^ Then forget that part xD

Stromberg
Legend

frapi07 wrote on 06.05.2024 at 14:59:

I can't subscribe to that. If it wasn't for the monthly prize draw, many people wouldn't be on the forum. Is (unfortunately) a fact. Just like the ratings. Only the rewards are the reason why they are rated so often and GJ knows that by now. I took the trouble to rate Pino because I am satisfied with the service overall (better than Platin, especially in terms of service!) and wanted to recommend it to others. You can see the difference.

So saying it would be better not to give a reward really helps. GJ also benefits from this, not just the authors. It's difficult to get 3 tips right in a row - regardless of whether they are 1.6 or 3 odds. That's why I think it's okay to be rewarded if you do manage it.

The fact is that...

the diversity of bets is currently low
there are not many authors
it is currently not profitable to place high odds (opportunity costs)
there is not much interaction between users/authors. With luck you will find 1-2 comments, that's it.
is very confusing

Our feedback will certainly not be able to eliminate all deficits, but as you can see, my feedback has brought to light some users who would at least be interested in higher quotas.

Yes, all good, I may have worded that a bit harshly.

When you last wrote somewhere that you were putting your winning streak on the line with a Tip that had higher odds, in this case it was this X2 on juve or something, and you didn't really want to take that Risk, I just thought that was a bit exaggerated...
The return on many tips should be positive, whether they come from 3 correct tips in a row or otherwise, it doesn't matter.

But in view of the fact that perhaps only a handful of people will tip anyway, it's just as legitimate to see the whole thing as a challenge for yourself with a possible win.

However, if the whole thing should be used by more people at some point to pick up tips, it's just the wrong approach to always post these small odds, which are usually tipped by many customers anyway and therefore lose even more value.

BUT: I prefer to bet on goals myself and will probably stick to that...
And I don't want to have a big face right now, my tips have been too unsuccessful recently😄😜

frapi07
Expert

Stromberg wrote on 06.05.2024 at 19:53:

Yeah all good, may have worded that a bit harshly.

When you last wrote somewhere that you were betting with a Tip that had higher odds, in that case it was this X2 at juve or something, your winning streak at stake and you didn't really want to take that Risk, I just thought that was a bit exaggerated...
The return on many tips should be positive, whether they come from 3 correct tips in a row or otherwise, it doesn't matter.

But in view of the fact that perhaps only a handful of people will tip anyway, it's just as legitimate to see the whole thing as a challenge for yourself with a possible win.

However, if the whole thing should be used by more people at some point to pick up tips, it's just the wrong approach to always post these small odds, which are usually tipped by many customers anyway and therefore lose even more value.

BUT: I prefer to bet on goals myself and will probably stick to that...
And I don't want to have a big face right now, my tips have been too unsuccessful recently😄😜

You, all good. I'm not a professional when it comes to wording either ^^

No, you must have misunderstood me or I didn't express myself well. I didn't have a problem with it, but I thought it was a good example of how sometimes there are tips that you would play but don't meet the minimum odds. Then you are forced to take something else - that increases the risk. Now I argue that I would have liked to combine these 1.5 odds with other odds (2 odds combination). From this point of view, I also increase the risk, but I think (and this is subjective) that the risk is higher if you bet/tip on several things in one match than if you combine and bet on 2 independent outcomes.

Let's take the X2 and under 2.5 as an example. With only under 2.5, the following tips would be covered: 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, 2-0, 0-1, 0.2. 6 outcomes. With the X2 combination, I gave up 2 outcomes (1-0 and 2-0), so it was a higher risk because there were only 4 possible outcomes.

I agree with you. Few people will retype it and as an author you should do it for fun and not just think about the reward.
But it would be a lie to say that you don't like being rewarded. After all, you are investing time, sharing knowledge and giving a rough assessment that may inspire one or two others.

It's not bad in itself if you bet on goals. I do that myself. But you can also get good odds with goals. Handicap or simply over 3.5/4.5 w/e. But I personally see no reason to post it if I can post odds that are much more likely to occur at the same time. Regardless of the reality. We all know that even 1.2 odds are not certain.

What's more, nobody is currently betting on underdogs or winners, where the odds are around 2.0 or higher. I also hardly see anyone betting on draws, which often have very good odds. It's just not worth it. Maybe it's worth it if you don't have a winning streak yet, but as soon as you get 1 or 2 tips right in a row, it's simply not smart to put your streak at risk at the moment.

MisterL
Expert
with whatsapp you can send voice messages

maybe you should introduce it here too

as much as frapi always writes, he can also become a stenographer in the bundestag

you get dizzy reading it

frapi07
Expert

MisterL wrote on 06.05.2024 at 20:25: with whatsapp you can still send voice messages

maybe you should introduce it here too

as much as frapi always writes, he can also become a stenographer in the bundestag

you get dizzy reading it

Haha and now imagine if I didn't include paragraphs

No, voice messages are really not a good idea. People would scream, burp or send something else.

Patizi
Elite

frapi07 wrote on 06.05.2024 at 20:46:

Haha and now imagine if I didn't include paragraphs

Nah, voice messaging is really not a good idea. People would scream, burp or send something else.

But it's remarkable how many words you can write here and how detailed it is. I'm surprised that you have such problems with a measly 150 words for a simple soccer game. It doesn't seem to be a matter of time either.

frapi07
Expert
Patizi wrote on 07.05.2024 at 06:18:

It's remarkable how many words you can write here and how detailed it is. I'm surprised that you have such problems with a measly 150 words for a simple soccer game. It doesn't seem to be a matter of time either.

I think it depends on the game. I had a bit of a hard time with the Arsenal Tip because I don't follow the EPL in an awesome way (just by the way) and the clubs that played there don't really interest me.

I could easily have written another 300 words on Juve.

We're not experts who can give proper analyses. It's an assessment and sometimes you just have a feeling. One author (Eule) also wrote that his tips sometimes come from his gut.

But that's actually the smallest problem, or rather a "luxury problem", which I haven't addressed very often in the last few days.

Patizi
Elite

frapi07 wrote on 07.05.2024 at 06:43:
I think it depends on the game. I had a bit of a hard time with the Arsenal Tip because I don't follow the EPL awesome (just by the way) and the clubs that played there don't really itch me.

I could easily have written another 300 words on Juve.

We're not experts who can give proper analyses. It's an assessment and sometimes you just have a feeling. One author (Eule) also wrote that his tips sometimes come from his gut.

But that's actually the smallest problem, or rather a "luxury problem", which I haven't addressed very often in the last few days.

Nobody is forcing you to type anything. And by the way, I don't follow the league in Uganda either and I still managed to get the words together. Kampala is on a different level to Arsenal or Tottenham.

You're somehow forgetting that you can still write your tips in the thread, which are just gut feeling and without explanation. I don't know how many tips you've already written in there with "high" odds, but I can imagine that you can count them on one hand. Juve "Under 2.5 goals" you should just write in the thread! Very simple if you really want to communicate it. Easy, isn't it?

frapi07
Expert

Patizi wrote on 07.05.2024 at 06:59:

Nobody is forcing you to type anything. And by the way, I don't follow the league in Uganda either and yet I got the words together. Kampala is on a different level than Arsenal or Tottenham.

You're somehow forgetting that you can still write your tips in the thread, which are just gut feeling and without explanation. I don't know how many tips you've already written in there with "high" odds, but I can imagine that you can count them on one hand. Juve "Under 2.5 goals" you should just write in the thread! Very simple if you really want to communicate it. Easy, isn't it?

I wrote to you that I see this problem more as a luxury problem. Good for you if you can manage the 150 words with no names without wincing, but not everyone can do that. It doesn't really matter whether it's 100 or 150 words, I didn't criticize this "problem" that much or see it as extreme. I already wrote 4 days ago that I think 150 words is okay (https://www.gamblejoe.com/forum/sportwetten/tipps/community-wett-tipps-384480/8/#p395776) . So I honestly don't understand why you're picking up on this. You think I would fight for the minimum number to be reduced from 150 to 50. I'm certainly not, so it's all good.

Patizi
Elite

frapi07 wrote on 07.05.2024 at 07:08:

I wrote to you that I see this problem more as a luxury problem. Good for you if you can manage the 150 words with no names without flinching, but not everyone can do that. It doesn't really matter whether it's 100 or 150 words, I didn't criticize this "problem" that much or see it as extreme. I already wrote 4 days ago that I think 150 words is okay (https://www.gamblejoe.com/forum/sportwetten/tipps/community-wett-tipps-384480/8/#p395776) . So I honestly don't understand why you're picking up on this. You think I would fight for the minimum number to be reduced from 150 to 50. I'm certainly not, so it's all good.

This is all a "luxury problem"! You're not betting a single euro to be able to win 20 euros here and you're talking about too much risk. You have 0 Risk here. You make no losses, nothing! You place any bets, if you hit 3 in a row then you win. If you don't, you don't lose anything! 150 words are nothing. Read through 150 words and you'll realize how quickly you've read through them.

The thing about you is that you write a lot and also a lot that contradicts itself.

frapi07
Expert
Patizi wrote on 07.05.2024 at 07:17:

This is all a "luxury problem"! You don't bet a single euro to win 20 euros here and you talk about too high risk. You have 0 Risk here. You make no losses, nothing! You place any bets, if you hit 3 in a row then you win. If you don't, you don't lose anything! 150 words are nothing. Read through 150 words and you'll realize how quickly you've read through them.

The thing about you is that you write a lot and also a lot that contradicts itself.

I'm repeating myself for the umpteenth time here, but you're risking your winning streak here. Have you ever heard of opportunity costs?

" Opportunity costs are or lost benefits resulting from the decision to choose one of two (or more) options. For this reason, opportunity costs are also called foregone costs.

Opportunity costs are important for decision-making. They can show what possibilities, opportunities and risks the decision for option A may have in comparison to the decision for option B."

So if you make the decision to take a higher risk and take 3 odds as a community Tip, then you risk the win or reward. So if you are not right, you have lost your reward because you have taken a higher risk without it being worthwhile at all, because whether it was 1.6 or 3 would not have mattered. The probability of an event happening with odds of 1.6 is higher than an outcome with odds of 3. From a purely mathematical point of view. We all know that this is not always the case.

Am I contradicting myself? Where am I contradicting myself? I merely wrote that I think 150 words is a LITTLE too much and that it could be 100. But you're making it sound like I'm only asking for 50 words.

Or where I clearly write that NONE of the BOTH winning bets are worthwhile and you read that I absolutely wanted to bet on Juve. Then you quote me only partially or only what suits you and take my words out of context. I ask you once again: copy out where I wrote that I absolutely wanted to bet on Juve to win. Because I'm still waiting for it.

For the last 3 pages we've only been discussing odds and at 6 o'clock you come back with a topic that I haven't really defined as a weakness and provoke unnecessarily.

Hot Topics19th May. 2024 at 10:00 am CEST

GambleJoe is aimed exclusively at user whose allowed to play legally with his current location in online casinos and does not violate the current law.
It is the responsibility of the user to inform himself about the current legal situation. Gambling is prohibited for children and adolescents under the age of 18.
GambleJoe is a registered trademark with the EUIPO of GJ International Ltd.

© 2012-2024 GambleJoe.com

Forgotten your password?

Create a new password here

• 1. Fill in the 3 fields carefully and click on the green button
  • 2. Check your email inbox for a message from GambleJoe
  • 3. Click on the confirmation link in the email and your new password will be active immediately