Privacy settings

We use a number of cookies on our website. Some are essential, while others help us improve our portal for you.

Privacy settings

Here is an overview of all the cookies we use. You can choose to accept whole categories or view more information and select only certain cookies.

Essential (6)

Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the website to function properly.

Statistics (3)

Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us to understand how our visitors use our website.
If the statistics cookies are subsequently deselected, they will remain on the computer until the expiry date. However, they are neither updated nor evaluated.

Slot Games in general: Gates Of Olympus: Free spins not just a coincidence?

Topic created on 02nd Nov. 2023 | Page: 1 of 6 | Answers: 79 | Views: 4,458
Pat1991
Top Member
Moin Moin,

i noticed something in Gates Of Olympus. It seems that the free games are not completely random.

Since Vikings Go Berserk I know that slots are programmed to change their game behavior in certain game situations. Someone on the Askgamblers forum had already noticed that the game starts to throw "differently" / less at a certain charge in the "Rage Meter". A player had come to grips with the slot with an Excel spreadsheet, Yggdrasil answered in the forum something, well, "ambiguous".

Quite similar it seems to run with "Gates Of Olympus", or am I just imagining it?!

After a few free spins I think I noticed that the game:

- In rounds, where nothing goes at all and neither an extension nor multis have come, like to grant 5 extra free spins on the last spins. Most of the time not much more comes around, but at least there is an extra chance.

- With high multi significantly fewer winning combinations to treat. I had once 50+ and once even the 100x multi with some spins left. Thereupon there was then hard as nails either nothing, or only small change.

Thanks to Multi, of course, even 10 cents still become 10 EUR, but it is still very noticeable.

I do not think that you can speak of fraud here. The RTP will be correct, and there is certainly also the chance to clean up fat with active multi. It only hurts the player's soul when the pulse races upwards at the displayed super multi, and then simply only economy mode is announced.

As soon as a bonus round is active, the game makers seem to enjoy a bit more "leeway" with the randomness than usual.

Or does it just seem that way to me?

This post has been translated automatically

Stromberg
Legend
Pat1991 wrote on 02/11/2023 at 16:12: Moin Moin,

i noticed something with Gates Of Olympus. It seems that the free games are not completely random.

Since Vikings Go Berserk I know that slots are programmed to change their game behavior in certain game situations. Someone on the Askgamblers forum had already noticed that the game starts to throw "differently" / less at a certain charge in the "Rage Meter". A player had come to grips with the slot with an Excel spreadsheet, Yggdrasil answered in the forum something, well, "ambiguous".

Quite similar it seems to run with "Gates Of Olympus", or am I just imagining it?!

After a few free spins I think I noticed that the game:

- In rounds, where nothing goes at all and neither an extension nor multis have come, like to grant 5 extra free spins on the last spins. Most of the time not much more comes around, but at least there is an extra chance.

- With high multi significantly fewer winning combinations to treat. I had once 50+ and once even the 100x multi with some spins left. Thereupon there was then hard as nails either nothing, or only small change.

Thanks to Multi, of course, even 10 cents still become 10 EUR, but it is still very noticeable.

I do not think that you can speak of fraud here. The RTP will be correct, and there is certainly also the chance to clean up fat with active multi. It only hurts the player's soul when the pulse races upwards at the displayed super multi, and then simply only economy mode is announced.

As soon as a bonus round is active, the game makers seem to enjoy a bit more "leeway" with the randomness than usual.

I don't think anyone can tell you exactly.

So I think, yes, the rtp will always work out and frame that the results are random.
Now these results are already fixed when the spin is triggered.
What is then visualized in the spin, no idea how far that is subject to chance. The game should always be exciting, and still not every 2nd bonus x 1000 raushauen, so there must be the scenarios described by you.
Especially with the new slots such as gridslots, megaways, etc. I think there is no longer any question that there are actually virtual reels programmed.

With Jammin jars, for example, I seem to remember that there were 2 identical win videos from streamers and it was admitted that there are ready-made win sequences.

Also, all those Scatters at the top or bottom " just past stories, wouldn't show up as often with random programming. But they are supposed to pop up often and trigger...

Even if it is often claimed otherwise, I believe for me yes that the result is determined randomly and the visualization is then actually only accessory to make it interesting...

I believe that, among other things, because there would actually be no reason to make the matter more complicated😄

Pat1991
Top Member
I can rather imagine several "game modes". In a game like Vikings Gone Wild, the chance of good free spins (= high win) is probably greater from a certain Ragemeter. In the base game then applies:

- Higher expected value of the win in free spins = "saving program"

For example, achieved by other "virtual" reels. The game simply subtracts wins in the base game to fund the expected value of free spins.

Result: Still the same RTP per spin, just distributed differently.

Of course, this can be calculated differently. It would also be possible that the RTP of the TOTAL game always remains the same, but is significantly higher in some game situations.

Since these game situations arise in the vast majority of cases anyway "randomly" (ie: random generator rolls a number, algorithm throws the result based on it. And at some point some Ragemeter or something is advantageous), it doesn't change the fact that the result depends on chance.

As for the "near hits": For this, only certain symbols on the reels would have to be distributed in such a way that ONE or TWO, but not THREE Scatters (or 4x the 7, but always only 2 next to each other) appear more often.

Then it is still random because the Random Number Generator is just random. Only the "shock" or "WTF?" moments would then be included in the game mathematics.

Clear so far?!

EDIT: I very just, you meant with your last paragraph the same as I with mine. Two men, one thought

Stromberg
Legend

Pat1991 wrote on 02.11.2023 at 18:15: I can rather imagine several "game modes". In a game like Vikings Gone Wild, probably from a certain Ragemeter the chance of good free spins (= high win) is greater. In the Basegame then applies:

- Higher expected value of the win in free spins = "saving program"

For example, achieved by other "virtual" reels. The game simply subtracts wins in the base game to fund the expected value of free spins.

Result: Still the same RTP per spin, just distributed differently.

Of course, this can be calculated differently. It would also be possible that the RTP of the TOTAL game always remains the same, but is significantly higher in some game situations.

Since these game situations arise in the vast majority of cases anyway "randomly" (ie: random generator rolls a number, algorithm throws the result based on it. And at some point some Ragemeter or something is advantageous), it doesn't change the fact that the result depends on chance.

As for the "near hits": For this, only certain symbols on the reels would have to be distributed in such a way that ONE or TWO, but not THREE Scatters (or 4x the 7, but always only 2 next to each other) appear more often.

Then it is still random because the Random Number Generator is just random. Only the "shock" or "WTF?" moments would then be included in the game mathematics.

Clear so far?!

EDIT: I very just, you meant with your last paragraph the same as I with mine. Two men, one thought

With the game modes I can imagine, yes.

A certain part of the rtp goes into the collect feature, so that always has to be taken into account. With the huge number of spins that are decisive for the rtp, a zigfavhes triggering of the collect feature must also happen.
Thus, a "fluctuating" rtp would probably be legitimate to pull the player shortly before reaching the full ragemeter still many coal from the pocket... And then in the freespins still shit pay...

KaneP
RTP is correct, the rest is RNG + algorithm.
It's nice to see with Diamond Link how often it happens when it goes into the "blue border", usually always 5.
The same thing happens with the 3 Scatters, in the 7 free games sometimes 3 standing diamonds and if he goes into the "blue border" during these either there are more than 5 so win or number of diamonds that remain standing + missing number to 5.

frapi07
Expert

Pat1991 wrote on 02.11.2023 at 16:12: Moin Moin,

i noticed something about Gates Of Olympus. It doesn't seem to be completely random in the free games.

I've known since Vikings Go Berserk that slots are programmed to change their game behavior in certain game situations. Someone on the Askgamblers forum had already noticed that the game starts to throw "differently" / less after a certain charge in the "Rage Meter". One player had used an Excel spreadsheet to get to grips with the slot, Yggdrasil responded in the forum somewhat, well, "ambiguously".

It seems to be very similar with "Gates Of Olympus", or is it just my imagination?

After a few free spins, I think I've noticed that the game:

- In rounds where nothing works at all and neither an extension nor multis have come, I like to treat myself to 5 extra free spins on the last spins. Most of the time you don't get much out of it, but at least there's an extra chance.

- With high multiples, you can treat yourself to significantly fewer winning combinations. I once had 50+ and once even the 100x multi with a few spins left. As a result, there was either nothing or only small change.

Thanks to the Multi, even 10 cents still becomes 10 EUR, but it is still very noticeable.

I don't think you can talk of fraud here. The RTP will be right, and there is certainly the chance to win big when the Multi is active. It just hurts the player's soul when the pulse races upwards at the displayed supermulti and then it's simply a case of saving mode.

As soon as a bonus round is active, the game manufacturers seem to enjoy a little more "freedom" in terms of chance than usual.

We've already had this discussion ^^ We explained how the slots work back then. Once again: as soon as you spin, the final result has already been calculated within milliseconds. So 0x, 10x etc. The same applies to the free spins. As soon as these are activated, the total win is already determined. All the visuals are just for entertainment and excitement. Whether you get your total win on the 1st spin (e.g. script for the max. win) or only on the 20th is therefore irrelevant. As soon as the total win is reached, dead spins are played.

H****e
Unfortunately, Gates is not my friend, I've actually never been so lucky..
But I've noticed that too.
What is also often the case is that he often throws Tumble with Multi just before the money runs out on the player account and then lets you run back to 0 😂

Stromberg
Legend

frapi07 wrote on January 25th, 2024 at 9:32 pm:

We already had this discussion ^^ We explained how the slots work back then. Once again: as soon as you do the spin, the final result has already been calculated within milliseconds. So 0x, 10x etc. The same applies to the free spins. As soon as they are activated, the total win is already determined. All the visuals are just for entertainment and excitement. Whether you get your total win on the 1st spin (e.g. script for the max. win) or only on the 20th is therefore irrelevant. As soon as the total win is reached, dead spins are played.

And if Pat wants to marvel at this again in live:

When there are free games at Betano, through the rewards or whatever, pressing the last spin will show you the total win in a popup even before the last reels have spun.

Falke
Expert

frapi07 wrote on January 25th, 2024 at 9:32 pm:

We already had this discussion ^^ We explained how the slots work back then. Once again: as soon as you do the spin, the final result has already been calculated within milliseconds. So 0x, 10x etc. The same applies to the free spins. As soon as these are activated, the total win is already determined. All the visuals are just for entertainment and excitement. Whether you get your total win on the 1st spin (e.g. script for the max. win) or only on the 20th is therefore irrelevant. As soon as the total win is reached, dead spins are played.

This is correct and logical.

However, this is much more interesting in games such as the aforementioned Vikings or Wild Swarm. As soon as the hive is set to max, the slot is almost completely idle. And this raises the question: is it already specified that the bee swarm, for example, is triggered in 400 spins? Or why does the slot go into idle if everything is so random?

That would completely change the situation and again raise the question, is it the case with All Slots that the next spins are already calculated in advance?

There are also some slots where, for example, wild symbols are collected in 10 spins and then the wild symbols are scattered in the 10th spin. If you think this through logically, then at least 10 spins must be calculated in advance?

So, it would be interesting to see exactly how this would work. And you could no longer speak of real chance if, for example, the next 200 spins have already been calculated in advance, as the player assumes that each new spin triggers a random event.

Pat1991
Top Member
Falke wrote on 14.02.2024 at 01:09:

That's right and makes sense.

But it's actually much more interesting in games like the aforementioned Vikings or Wild Swarm, for example. As soon as the hive is set to max, the slot is almost completely idle. And this raises the question: is it already specified that the bee swarm, for example, is triggered in 400 spins? Or why does the slot go into idle if everything is so random?

That would completely change the situation and again raise the question, is it the case with All Slots that the next spins are already calculated in advance?

There are also some slots where, for example, wild symbols are collected in 10 spins and then the wild symbols are scattered in the 10th spin. If you think this through logically, then at least 10 spins must be calculated in advance?

So, it would be interesting to see exactly how this would work. And you could no longer speak of real chance if, for example, the next 200 spins have already been calculated in advance, as the player assumes that each new spin triggers a random event.

How nice that frappi07 is wagging his tail here. The question is not whether the result is already known when a button is pressed or clicked, but whether every single freespin is still random when the freespins are activated. Or has the toad already diced out what will happen during the bonus round when the bonus round rolls in?

Then the freespins would no longer be real spins, but a graphical representation of this result.

As far as the example of the falcon is concerned: In a thread about Vikings Go Berserk, I once put forward the theory that there are certain "game modes" internally. In other words, the base game switches to a kind of "economy mode" as soon as a collection feature has reached a certain level.

Then the RTP is probably still correct, but it would still be highly manipulative.

Stromberg
Legend
Pat1991 wrote on 02/14/2024 at 3:55 pm:
How nice that frappi07 is wagging his tail here. The question is not whether the result is already there when you press a button or click, but whether every single freespin is still random when the freespins are activated. Or has the toad already diced out what will happen during the bonus round when the bonus round rolls in?

Then the freespins would no longer be real spins, but a graphical representation of this result.

That's exactly what Frapi answered in his post, or rather gave his assessment of it...

I quote: " Once again: as soon as you activate the spin , the final result has already been calculated within milliseconds. So 0x, 10x etc. The same applies to the free spins. As soon as they are activated, the total win is already determined. All the visuals are just for entertainment and excitement. "

Whether this is the case (I also think that it is) and whether it differs for different providers etc. will probably not be conclusively clarified here...

frapi07
Expert
Falke wrote on 14.02.2024 at 01:09:

But it's actually much more interesting in games like the aforementioned Vikings or Wild Swarm, for example. As soon as the hive is set to max, the slot goes almost completely idle. And this raises the question: is it already specified that the bee swarm, for example, is triggered in 400 spins? Or why does the slot go into idle if everything is so random?

My guess is that there is simply a different system behind it. It's the same with BTG. You can collect hearts in Lil Devil (2 scatters). If you have all of them, you get a 2nd symbol (is fixed and is always the heart) instead of one, which becomes wild. It really does feel random. Why do I think that? I've seen Youtubers who have previously hunted the offline to one heart and then hunted the last heart live. Not just 1x, but on different bets. So at 5€/spin, 6€/spin... up to 20€/spin or whatever the max spin may be. Sometimes it takes 10-15 minutes for 2 Scatters to appear, sometimes they appear within 2 minutes. I can therefore imagine that such functions are actually random. Unfortunately, I'm not a developer and can't give 100% information on this.

Pat1991 wrote on 02/14/2024 at 15:55:
How nice to see frappi07 wagging his tail here. The question is not whether the result is already known when a button is pressed or clicked, but whether every single freespin is still a coincidence when the freespins are activated. Or has the toad already diced out what will happen during the bonus round when the bonus round rolls in?

As for the example of the falcon: In a thread about Vikings Go Berserk, I once put forward the theory that there are certain "game modes" internally. In other words, the base game switches to a kind of "economy mode" as soon as a collection feature has reached a certain level.

Then the RTP is probably still correct, but it would still be highly manipulative.

Stromberg has already responded to this. The individual spins are not random. A "script" runs during a bonus. This is particularly evident with GUTS. The slot usually drops the 500 multi in the max win in the first 2-3 spins. Most of the time. Can also happen on the 5th spin. I have rarely seen an identical sequence. If you get a good seed, then the first 10 spins can also be dead spins or low wins and the next 5 spins then shoot all the more, get 2x extension and win 400x in the end. It can happen, but I can guarantee you one thing. During a bonus, the spins are not random. It's all calculated - as soon as the bonus has been activated, i.e. when you click on "Yes" (when purchasing) or as soon as you press the spin button (i.e. you have spun the bonus).

Pat1991
Top Member
If that were the case, then I would find it anything but fair. Instead of getting excited about the feature, I can just close my eyes and click down the dirt in irritation: "Stop that shit, just show me what you want to throw at me.

Kind of disappointing.

Butterbrezel
Elite
Pat1991 wrote on February 14, 2024 at 5:04 pm: If that were the case, I'd find it anything but fair. Instead of getting excited about the feature, I might as well close my eyes and click the shit down in irritation: "Stop that shit, just show me what you're going to throw at me.

Kind of disappointing.

But it's exactly why you play slots.

Looking at the pictures, looking forward to a good hit and winning money.
Then either fulfilled joy or frustration.

From fulfilled joy it goes on to have the anticipation again. ...out of frustration, it goes on to have the anticipation again.

And if you're not playing with mega discipline, the machine decides either way what you win or lose - regardless of whether the free spins have already been calculated randomly beforehand or are calculated randomly live.

Pat1991
Top Member
Butterbrezel wrote on 14.02.2024 at 17:16:

But it's exactly the reason why you play slots.

Looking at the pictures, looking forward to a good hit and winning money.
Then either fulfilled joy or frustration.

From fulfilled joy it goes on to have the anticipation again. ...out of frustration, it goes on to have the anticipation again.

And if you're not playing with mega discipline, the machine decides either way what you win or lose - regardless of whether the free spins have already been calculated or are random.

But when I hit a hundred-multi in the free games, I'm usually really happy. I can give it a miss if I know that it doesn't matter anyway, because the stupid toad doesn't give a damn and might not throw anything because of the multi.

It's like having two aces in my hand in Poker and it's worth nothing because the Dealer just puts garbage in the flop.
That sucks

Hot Topics6th May. 2024 at 09:40 am CEST

GambleJoe is aimed exclusively at user whose allowed to play legally with his current location in online casinos and does not violate the current law.
It is the responsibility of the user to inform himself about the current legal situation. Gambling is prohibited for children and adolescents under the age of 18.
GambleJoe is a registered trademark with the EUIPO of GJ International Ltd.

© 2012-2024 GambleJoe.com

Forgotten your password?

Create a new password here

• 1. Fill in the 3 fields carefully and click on the green button
  • 2. Check your email inbox for a message from GambleJoe
  • 3. Click on the confirmation link in the email and your new password will be active immediately