Privacy settings

We use a number of cookies on our website. Some are essential, while others help us improve our portal for you.

Privacy settings

Here is an overview of all the cookies we use. You can choose to accept whole categories or view more information and select only certain cookies.

Essential (6)

Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the website to function properly.

Statistics (3)

Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us to understand how our visitors use our website.
If the statistics cookies are subsequently deselected, they will remain on the computer until the expiry date. However, they are neither updated nor evaluated.

Living with gambling addiction: Started harmlessly ended in a disaster

Topic created on 06th Apr. 2023 | Page: 1 of 1 | Answers: 6 | Views: 1,912
ljubo63
Good evening everyone, I'm brand new here and was only a silent reader ;D I would like to tell you my whole story as it happened to me that I'm addicted to gambling I hope you have a few minutes and can read it through in peace.
About me:My name is Ljubo am 26 years old and come from the province of Salzburg in Austria
It started with me quite harmless
At the age of 19 in 2016 I found Tipico or betting interesting through a random advertisement.
It has also developed quite insidiously
Have even days thought about I should register there and then did it anyway and also only 10 € deposited and then had with the 20 € (10 € bonus) a while fun from 1-3 € betting tickets
After the credit was used up I had but then still interested and have 50 € deposited and had fun with the I think 2 days long
Why why also always I came on the stupid idea one must be able to earn money with it nevertheless somehow (thought small odds large employment)
Thus I have then 300€ deposited and these were then after I think 2tagen gone, then again 300€ deposited and these were also quickly gone.
Thus, the damage was already at 660 € what has made me physically then already finished because it was for me quite a lot of money since I was just finished with the training as a waiter was where I earned last then in the last year 740 € also I stood then without money and without work there
But still the betting did not stop with me then have then in the coming months maybe so about 400€ gambled away
2016 beginning of October it is then first time completely escalated at bwin via PayPal 1000€ paid (from it then 5082€ won by only a bet
Paypal payout requested but then canceled and all the money lost then by completely stupid 1000€ betting slips
Plus another 1650€ deposited and this lost.
The bad thing is I had at that time no money and no income and at that time I did not know how it works with Paypal I thought I can go minus with my bank account and did not know that Paypal has a direct debit procedure
So I have already 2ten times hot burned here
The few weeks after that were hell for me
Had no money no work (not even unemployment benefits or such like) and of course were now thus debts with Paypal in the amount of 2650 € by the reminders and the lawyer letter debts of 2930 € have arisen.
I knew immediately that would not have been feasible with me even by agreement by installment or whatever.
Thus I have made myself the first time even punishable and have told Paypal out of panic someone had hacked into my Acc and played with it, they have of course not believed and further threatened but it came at that time nothing they had closed my Acc and no longer reported to me.
Was then also completely shocked at myself why I did that because it did not fit me at all because I was rather a quiet and shy type at that time and crimes thus also zero fit me or I could never imagine to come into conflict with the law
Then it was completely quiet for me with gambling for about 6 months.
Had actually the topic of gambling also off the table
2017 April I am then by a pretty stupid coincidence on binary options where I have lost € 500
And this I have then also lost in a short time.
These 500€ were quite a lot for me with which I have already burned myself for the third time.
And when betting I also found interest again with which I bet the next months again and again and shot myself again and again in my own leg.
Since I have worked as a waiter I have even embezzled money, so to speak, because I have not entered orders in the system or cancellations of already cashed dishes (were at that time so about 500 €)
I was of course again horrified at myself what I'm doing there because I'm doing again punishable but the whole thing is not then flown up because it was only about "500 €" in a few months.
2018 May I had even a plaster on the foot by the Zockerei (have beaten out of anger with the foot against the kitchen door where in the middle of a glass was this is shattered and the consequence was that I had 6weeks a plaster on the foot, although the Insurance had repaired the door but had to often with the cab to the hospital which had caused me about 650 € costs and of course the 6weeks with the plaster was not nice all the time at home on the couch and have even bet during this time because at that time also the Wm2018 was.
So all in one until then a disaster
2018 July I was already there with 9000€ loss (6000€ about it privately)
The bad thing is there were also times wins and these wins have also let me forget my losses.
At that time I hoped I can finally make peace with the issue and then stop completely.
2018 October I have where new started to waitress where I was until May 2019, the boss, however, he had exploited his employees and was not fair at all with which I started again to embezzle money.
So to speak, my memory meant it would be ok because he is an asshole and does not pay out properly, when I told myself that at the time so I noticed the first time how addicted I am.
In these 7Monate where I was I have embezzled a whole 8000€ and this all in the shortest time again verzocken. The boss noticed that of course and has terminated me without notice.
Then I was 3 months unemployed and completely free of play then I started again to waitress and again embezzled about 1000€ in 4 months what is also not noticed.
At this time I had now already made myself 4 times punishable and have said it goes no longer so on.
Have then made quite a long break
But unfortunately runs in the head no break, I also like to look at soccer and then first what I then gets into the head on what you could bet the.
Had at this time now already 18000€ gambled away.
Have then started again for a while and also again plus 4000€.
Last year I started to work as a porter where and have lost in just one night a whole 2000€ wanted then also draw a line and have all accounts at all possible betting providers blocked.
If I had been reported because of the thefts, I would also have no chance as a criminal record in the security area to work as a porter.
3 weeks ago now the inconceivable happened I had an account of a buddy because he had given me once the because I had a voucher, in this account I have now lost in the last 3 weeks a whole 8000 €.
In these 3 weeks it was only about gambling day and night of course also at work.
Now I stand there with 24000€ loss.

Sorry if someone can not quite understand my text, write for the first time such a long text ;D

The message why I write this now is simply that Gambling addiction is much too dangerous and you must not underestimate it.
Because from the first 10€ 7 years ago where I was still thinking should I Deposit the up to 8000€ loss in a few weeks it is not too far.
I have never been tempted by anyone else to do it the way I did it, it all started out of my own interest and ended in a messy disaster.
Also the thefts I have started I would never do so because I am as I said rather a quiet type.
I can cope with it now only fortunately financially hope also sometime physically.
It is also good for me to tell someone about my problems, since no one has ever known about them.
Therapy or the like would be out of the question for me because then I would have to come out as an addict and it would not fit in time because of work.
Fortunately, I never had the interest in betting shops but rather only in online betting.
Thus, I strongly believe in never betting again.

This post has been translated automatically

HuKu_Koln
Rookie
Hey ljubo63,
i think it's remarkable that you write your story in such detail. 4am is also a sporty time.

You don't have to call yourself an addict to accept help. You are being honest with yourself in the writing and that is what matters. From experience, online games are far more tempting because they are uncontrolled and available everywhere. Take a look at the app Betblocker, which blocks a large part of all advertising and gambling offers and could make it a little easier for you.

However, I would like to critically question the fact that working hours are in the way of your mental health; inpatient therapies are rehab measures and lead to sick leave. Measures and lead to sick leave. Outpatient offers are usually very flexible. There are also self-help groups and, for example, our online chat at spielfrei.info . If you do not take care of yourself in the long term, you will not be able to work in time.

I'm sure others here in the forum have tips for you. I wish you that you find a way to stabilize your abstinence.

LG

gamble1
Legend

ljubo63 wrote on 06.04.2023 at 04:06 clock: Good evening everyone am very new here and was only silent reader ;D I would like to tell you my whole story as it happened to me that I am addicted to gambling I hope you have a few minutes and can read it through in peace.
About me:My name is Ljubo am 26 years old and come from the province of Salzburg in Austria
It started with me quite harmless
At the age of 19 in 2016 I found Tipico or betting interesting through a random advertisement.
It has also developed quite insidiously
Have even days thought about I should register there and then did it but and also only 10 € deposited and then had with the 20 € (10 € bonus) a while fun from 1-3 € betting tickets
After the credit was used up I had but then still interested and have 50 € deposited and had fun with the I think 2 days long
Why why also always I came on the stupid idea one must be able to earn money with it nevertheless somehow (thought small odds large employment)
Thus I have then 300€ deposited and these were then after I think 2tagen gone, then again 300€ deposited and these were also quickly gone.
Thus, the damage was already at 660 € which made me physically then already finished because it was for me quite a lot of money since I was just finished with the training as a waiter was where I earned last then in the last year 740 € also I stood then without money and without work there
But still the betting did not stop with me then have then in the coming months maybe so about 400€ gambled away
2016 beginning of October it is then the first time completely escalated at bwin via PayPal 1000€ paid (from it then 5082€ won by only a bet
Paypal payout requested but then canceled and all the money lost then by completely stupid 1000€ betting slips
Plus another 1650€ deposited and this lost.
The bad thing is I had at that time no money and no income and at that time I did not know how it works with Paypal I thought I can go minus with my bank account and did not know that Paypal has a direct debit procedure
So I have already 2ten times hot burned here
The few weeks after that were hell for me
Had no money no work (not even unemployment benefits or such like) and of course were now thus debts with Paypal in the amount of 2650 € by the reminders and the lawyer letter debts of 2930 € have arisen.
I knew immediately that would not have been feasible with me even by agreement by installment or whatever.
Thus I have made myself the first time even punishable and have told Paypal out of panic someone had hacked into my Acc and played with it, they have of course not believed and further threatened but it came at that time nothing they had closed my Acc and no longer reported to me.
Was then also completely shocked at myself why I did that because it did not fit me at all because I was rather a quiet and shy type at that time and crimes thus also zero fit me or I could never imagine to come into conflict with the law
Then it was completely quiet for me with gambling for about 6 months.
Had actually the topic of gambling also off the table
2017 April I am then by a pretty stupid coincidence on binary options where I have lost € 500
And this I have then also lost in a short time.
These 500€ were quite a lot for me with which I have already burned myself for the third time.
And when betting I also found interest again with which I bet the next months again and again and shot myself again and again in my own leg.
Since I have worked as a waiter I have even embezzled money, so to speak, because I have not entered orders in the system or cancellations of already cashed dishes (were at that time so about 500 €)
I was of course again horrified at myself what I'm doing there because I'm doing again punishable but the whole thing is not then flown up because it was only about "500 €" in a few months.
2018 May I had even a plaster on the foot by the Zockerei (have beaten out of anger with the foot against the kitchen door where in the middle of a glass was this is shattered and the consequence was that I had 6weeks a plaster on the foot, although the Insurance had repaired the door but had to often with the cab to the hospital which had caused me about 650 € costs and of course the 6weeks with the plaster was not nice all the time at home on the couch and have even bet during this time because at that time also the Wm2018 was.
So all in one until then a disaster
2018 July I was already there with 9000€ loss (6000€ about it privately)
The bad thing is there were also times wins and these wins have also let me forget my losses.
At that time I hoped I can finally make peace with the issue and then stop completely.
2018 October I have where new started to waitress where I was until May 2019, the boss, however, he had exploited his employees and was not fair at all with which I started again to embezzle money.
So to speak, my memory meant it would be ok because he is an asshole and does not pay out properly, when I told myself that at the time so I noticed the first time how addicted I am.
In these 7Monate where I was I have embezzled a whole 8000€ and this all in the shortest time again verzocken. The boss noticed that of course and has terminated me without notice.
Then I was 3 months unemployed and completely free of play then I started again to waitress and again embezzled about 1000€ in 4 months what is also not noticed.
At this time I had now already made myself 4 times punishable and have said it goes no longer so on.
Have then made quite a long break
But unfortunately runs in the head no break, I also like to look at soccer and then first what I then gets into the head on what you could bet the.
Had at this time now already 18000€ verzocken.
Have then started again for a while and also again plus 4000€.
Last year I started to work as a porter where and have lost in just one night a whole 2000€ wanted then also draw a line and have all accounts at all possible betting providers blocked.
If I had been reported because of the thefts, I would also have no chance as a criminal record in the security field to work as a porter.
3 weeks ago now the inconceivable happened I had an account of a buddy because he had given me once the because I had a voucher, in this account I have now lost in the last 3 weeks a whole 8000 €.
In these 3 weeks it was only about gambling day and night of course also at work.
Now I stand there with 24000€ loss.

Sorry if someone can not quite understand my text, write for the first time such a long text ;D

The message why I write this now is simply that Gambling addiction is much too dangerous and you must not underestimate it.
Because from the first 10€ 7 years ago where I was still thinking should I Deposit the up to 8000€ loss in a few weeks it is not too far.
I have never been tempted by anyone else to do it the way I did it, it all started out of my own interest and ended in a messy disaster.
Also the thefts I have started I would never do so because I am as I said rather a quiet type.
I can cope with it now only fortunately financially hope also sometime physically.
It is also good for me to tell someone about my problems, since no one has ever known about them.
Therapy or the like would be out of the question for me because then I would have to come out as an addict and it would not fit in time because of work.
Fortunately, I never had the interest in betting shops but rather only in online betting.

Welcome to us

First of all, thank you for your honest text with it you have already made a good step and opened yourself to someone

Unfortunately your story is pretty much the classic example of a slowly building gambling addiction and just the point where you make yourself punishable is very awesome I just hope you were really scared about yourself because with that you are still able to look at things sober of course not in the gambling rush but at least after that

The PayPal is such a thing if they really leave you alone it may be because the transactions have not been legal and therefore PayPal did not want to go to court the rule is not the lawyers of PayPal so speak KSP usually do not let go so you have been lucky there

I also had problems with PayPal not because of gambling but it was the normal thing PayPal wanted money and I have said nö have not ordered etc. ... at some point came from KSP with a demand of 3k I should pay but 1.5k and when I refused the proposal to 10 € installments per month ...... at 3k but in the end I have also taken a lawyer and then was suddenly accepted that I had never ordered anything

I write this only to show you how much luck you have already had with PayPal

To the actual problem is still said it is very important to distract you and possibly your finances to let someone else take care of it you have depending on the agreement still money in the pocket but many people it helps if they are already controlled because no one wants the stupid conversation again where a new setback is admitted and this can usually be stronger than the addiction

The important thing is you have to keep going and working on yourself and no matter what you think you will find in playing trust me and the others here who will surely say something about it you miss nothing at all if you don't play but a lot if you do

streetworksusi
Rookie
Hello,

thank you so much for sharing your story. I think it's pretty brave and also important to be aware of the dangers of gambling. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you manage to stay gambling-free permanently. You've experienced quite a lot and it will surely take you quite a while to come to terms with it all. I also think it's great that you've turned the corner in the meantime. I think everyone has to decide for themselves what helps them to stop. You did it on your own, without any outside help. For other people it's a little different. They need help from a counseling center or have to go to therapy.

If you notice that the whole thing is still putting a lot of psychological strain on you, or maybe you're starting to gamble again, you can of course get help from a counseling center at any time. But the decision is up to you. And of course you have to have the courage, that's quite clear. I work in such a counseling center and know many fates in this regard. Of course, there is also the possibility of getting advice online. Then the inhibition threshold is perhaps not quite so high.

No matter how you deal with your gambling problem. In any case, I wish you all the best on your journey through life.

Many greetings

Susanne

Thomas520
Rookie
"Therapy or something like that would be out of the question for me because then I would have to out myself as an addict"

In my opinion you won't make it or you will make it very difficult without professional help from the outside. It is your life. You decide.

refucs
Top Member

Fortunately, I never had the interest in betting venues but rather only in online betting.

This is a dangerous fallacy, especially since you only gamble online, the inhibition threshold is much lower to become weak there again than to go to a betting shop or a Spielo.

I know this from myself, because I also only gamble online.

I wish you all the best, it will not be easy to stay stable without relapses. Above all, you must be clear to yourself whether you ever want to stop betting or still a little. Because there is no "a little" when you are addicted. Stop completely, forever, any kind of gambling or continue until the next loss of control.

Begbie
Elite
24k? Peanuts. Insolvency or installment payments. Draw your lessons from it, life goes on.

Hot Topics2nd May. 2024 at 07:39 am CEST

GambleJoe is aimed exclusively at user whose allowed to play legally with his current location in online casinos and does not violate the current law.
It is the responsibility of the user to inform himself about the current legal situation. Gambling is prohibited for children and adolescents under the age of 18.
GambleJoe is a registered trademark with the EUIPO of GJ International Ltd.

© 2012-2024 GambleJoe.com

Forgotten your password?

Create a new password here

• 1. Fill in the 3 fields carefully and click on the green button
  • 2. Check your email inbox for a message from GambleJoe
  • 3. Click on the confirmation link in the email and your new password will be active immediately